Sunday, March 7, 2010

Miracle Baby


Today I thought I would share a picture of my amazing miracle baby. She is my pride and joy and basically the best thing that has ever happened to me. The doctor said I wouldn't be able to get pregnant and here she is. She is my overall inspiration in life and keeps me going when I am down. I know that as a mother I take care of her but in her way she takes care of me too. Somehow she knows when I need a hug, a kiss, quiet or loud distraction. I've had some rough times lately. I recently had a miscarriage and without her it would have been completely unbearable. There are still days when it hits me that I lost my little baby and Charlotte always seems to know where my mind has gone and distracts me with her love. I don't like to dwell on it but it sneaks up on me when I don't expect it. Last night I saw one of my best friends who is pregnant and was just a few weeks ahead of me in her gestation and though I didn't think about it before I saw her it totally smacked me in the face when I did. And though I'm completely happy for her, it just made me sad for me. So today I don't have much to say as a result of an attempt to shut my brain down. And just like I said, perfect timing, Charlotte needs me now. So here I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment